Chéticamp on the Cabot Trail started as a fishing station used during the summer months by Charles Robin, a merchant from the island of Jersey and is considered one of the Acadian capitals of the world. In the years following the Great Expulsion many Acadians came to this area. The first permanent settlers, the families of Pierre Bois and Joseph Richard, came to the area in 1782. The settlement was established in 1785 by a grant of land to the 14 original settlers. Today the area, which is at the entrance of the Cape Breton Highlands National Park, is a popular tourist spot.

The local beach named La Plage St. Pierre [1] gives the locals as well as the many tourists a great place for swimming, camping, and many other recreational activities. Cheticamp is rich in Acadian hospitality

Enjoy the best of Cheticamp Accommodations on the Cabot Trail Cape Breton Island.

 



 
| Baddeck | | Middle River | | Margaree | | Cheticamp | | Pleasant Bay | | Cape North | | Ingonish | | St. Ann's |
 
   
 
© 1999/2009 For further information contact Nova Scotia Department of Tourism and Culture,call toll free in North America 1-800-565-0000.

Site designed & developed by Jeff Timmons